Gelation refers to the thickening or caking of UV resin or coating at the specified temperature and time.
The main reasons for gelatinization of UV resin or coating are as follows:
1. Beyond the shelf life, the shelf life of UV resin under good storage conditions shall not exceed six months. But Z good can be used up in three months.
2. UV resin should be stored in plastic barrels or metal barrels coated with plastic. Metal ions will reduce the activation energy of double bonds in UV resin and initiate polymerization, resulting in resin gelation. Therefore, if the plastic plating layer in the plastic plating barrel is damaged, the bare metal layer will cause resin gelation.
3. Too low storage temperature (below 0 ℃) will precipitate the polymerization inhibitor in the paint film, resulting in resin self polymerization and resin gelation.
4. UV resin should be strictly protected from direct sunlight during storage. Otherwise, it is easy to cause resin gelation.
5. If the barrel is too full, there is not enough oxygen to prevent polymerization, which will cause resin gelation.
Precautions for gelation:
1. The viscosity of the resin without diluting monomer is very high. Some users will mistakenly think that the resin has been gelatinized. In fact, it is easy to detect whether the resin is gelatinized after heating. The resin without gelatinization will have good fluidity after heating.
2. As for the use of UV resin, the detection methods and indicators of UV coating film are the same as those of other coatings, which vary with the specific application. There will be various problems in the application of UV coatings. Only gelatinization during storage is closely related to UV resin itself, and other problems can be solved by adjusting UV coating formula. As uvpaint is composed of various components, it is also affected by the light source illumination distance and illumination time, and its film performance is the result of the comprehensive action of various factors. For the same formula, immediately replace the same resin. Due to the differences of resins from various manufacturers, the performance of the film will be changed, and the formula needs to be adjusted. However, as long as the resin is not gelatinized or gelatinized in the prepared paint, the performance of the film can be adjusted through the formula.
3. There are many reasons for the gelatinization of UV paint, which are not only related to the resin. First, we should look for whether it is caused by improper storage. Due to the addition of photosensitizer in UV coating, its storage conditions are more stringent than those of UV resin. It is necessary to store it in the dark to avoid seeing light. Secondly, the photosensitizer selected is of poor quality, and even if it is stored in the dark, it will slowly decompose and cause gelation of cured coating.
4. The quality of monomer is also an important factor affecting storage stability.
Post time: Aug-16-2022